How to Select an Online Casino
30 June 2012
With new dozens of casino sites cropping up every day, finding a fun, safe and reputable one can seem as daunting as finding a needle in a haystack. With big bonuses and bundles of ‘free cash’ being offered, it could be tempting to be sucked into something you are not entirely happy with. The good news is that by following this guide, you could be spinning the slots or beating the banker in no time at all.
- Make a list of what you want from an online casino. Do you want to play lots of different games or specialise in just one or two? How often will you play and how much are you likely to deposit? Will you be using the same computer to play from or will you be moving around? Downloadable software is best if you’ll be sticking to the same PC to play, but ‘instant’ or ‘flash’ play is a good option for those using mobile devices or several different computers.
- Make sure you meet the player requirements. Some casinos only accept players from certain countries. US players should be particularly aware of this rule and check the terms and conditions of play carefully.
- Check the site is licenced and regulated by a recognized authority. Also, look for prestigious industry awards, which can indicate a top quality site. It is also worthwhile considering how long the site has been operating for. As a general rule, a site that has been around for several years will be a safer bet than a new and untested one. However, as with all rules there are exceptions, and there are some excellent new casino sites as well as some not so good older ones!
- Compare bonuses to see who will give you the best value. Most sites offer bonuses to tempt you in, but the biggest may not always be the best. Take into account the deposit and play amounts needed to clear the bonus, also make sure you can play your favourite game to be eligible. 20-40 play requirement is the industry ‘norm’. Other things to check are 100% matches and at least $500 an hour in blackjack.
- What is the quality of the user support? The support team should be available 24/7, as you never know when you might need them! You should be able to contact them via e-mail, phone or live chat and the turnaround time should speedy and acceptable to you.
- Download the software if applicable. Links for downloading should be available on the site. Flash or instant play is a good option for those using more than one computer or a mobile device; the downside could be less game variety and lower quality graphics and sound.
- Open an account. Most casinos offer a variety of deposit methods from credit card to e-wallet. Once you have selected the best method for you, follow the on-screen instructions to fund your account. Remember to use your bonus codes to receive your bonus credits.
- Consider the security of the site. The site should be digitally encrypted as this is the safest and most effective method (used in banking sectors)
- Check the pay-out Percentages! - Higher % pay-outs mean more chance of winning and more fun for you!
Author: Kathryn Thompson -
This article was written by Kathryn Thompson, an experienced lifestyle and gaming blogger, who has written about topics from no deposit casinos to online gaming.
Tags: online casino, choosing casinos,
Posted In: Online Casinos,
Get More With Our Newsletter
|Fill out the form on the right to join our CasinoMan newsletter and we'll drop you an email every 2 weeks with the latest blog posts.|
We'll also periodically send you other useful gambling articles we publish which will keep you completely informed of the latest offers. This newsletter goes out 1 time per month.
Naturally, we respect your privacy.
northbetsportsbook - 05 April 2013
|"I keep on reading this blog from long back.Really a helpful and informative blog.Thanks for sharing……"|
|"Wow! I find this post very informative and has the better brief summary about online casino on when to choose from. "|
|"If I'm going to choose the right Casino, I prefer to have a checklist first and that's always mandatory whenever I tried to start playing/"|
|"Well, I like the procedures you've post on how to select an online casino and it helps me a lot on how online casino works. "|
- Here Are Reasons Why You Should Use Your iPad for Online Casino Games
Date: 17 May 2013
- Important Considerations When Selecting the Right Online Casino
Date: 15 May 2013
- Top Online Gaming Experiences for iPad Users
Date: 29 April 2013
- The Martingale System for Roulette
Date: 27 April 2013
- The Live Roulette Online Revolution
Date: 26 April 2013
- 3 Card Poker - Is Lady Luck on Your Side?
Date: 27 March 2013
- Top 10 Reasons to Play at a Mobile Casino
Date: 25 March 2013
- Mermaids Millions - Will She Share Some with You?
Date: 23 March 2013
- The Guide to the GUKPT 2013
Date: 22 March 2013
- Gambling: The Most Profiting Online Business
Date: 20 March 2013
|1)||Lucky Red Casino||87.5%|
|2)||The Gaming Club||84.6%|
|3)||Wild Jack Casino||84.6%|
|4)||7 Sultans Online Casino||83.3%|
|5)||Aztec Riches Casino||83.3%|
|6)||This is Vegas||83.3%|
|8)||Vegas Casino Online||81.8%|
|10)||Villento Las Vegas||81.2%|